The Mission of Children’s Policy Council is to provide overall direction for the partnerships established through the Children’s Network with the intention of improving services to vulnerable children and their families. The Policy Council has a number of powers and duties prescribed by the Board of Supervisors including but not limited to:
- Prioritizing, committing and directing resources for interagency projects and programs.
- Developing an annual master plan for children’s services.
- Reviewing funding recommendations to forward to the Board of Supervisors for Child Abuse Prevention funds.
- Developing departmental protocols and Memoranda of Understanding between departments.
- Recommending grant applications and projects that will benefit children at risk.
- Recommending to the Board of Supervisors positions on legislation affecting children’s issues.