IHSS PUBLIC AUTHORITY
The Public Authority is a governmental entity established by state law to work in conjunction with San Bernardino County’s In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Program. The IHSS Program helps eligible low-income seniors and persons with disabilities to remain independent by making funding available for them to employ a home care Provider.
THE ROLE OF THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY:
- Establish a Care Provider Registry and referral system
- Serve as the Employer of Record for IHSS Providers for the purpose of collective bargaining.
- Provide referral and information regarding IHSS and related services.
- Provide access to training.
- Investigate background and qualifications of potential providers
San Bernardino County Public Authority brings together IHSS consumers and workers in partnership to foster the development of high-quality personal assistance services. The governing body of the Public Authority serves as a meeting ground for consumers, workers, and representatives of city government.