|The following web sites are an electronic resource for Head Start and State Preschool partners, service providers, parents, volunteers, community organizations, students and others who are interested in helping our children by providing each with the opportunities to build a better future. |
- This links you to The Office of Head Start's new website, the Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center (ECLKC). Information available includes:
- The Head Start Act
- Head Start Program Performance Standards
- Information Memoranda and Instructions dating back to 1995
- Policy Clarifications & frequently asked questions
- Facility Types
- Search for a Facility
- Licensing Forms
- District Offices
- Community Care Updates
- LiveScan Fingerprint Services
California Department of Education
Select topic listed under Healthy Children, Youth and Families - Child Development Division has a range of topics of interest (this list is not complete list of topics):
- General Child Care
- State Preschool
- Head Start
- Funding Opportunities
- Link to local Resource & Referral agency
- Code of Regulations, title 5
- Code of Regulations, title 22
California Head Start Association (CHSA)
CHSA is a private, not-for-profit membership organization serving the Head Start programs in California. CHSA provides leadership and advocacy for the Head Start community through mailings, conferences and training sessions. They also mail out a quarterly newsletter for the Head Start Community.
National Head Start Association (NHSA)
NHSA is a private, not-for-profit membership organization representing the 835,000 children, upwards of 170,000 staff and 2,057 Head Start programs in America. NHSA offers training and support to Head Start staff and parents.
"To Improve the Well-Being of Children, Empower Families, and Strengthen Communities."
Our children will excel in whatever setting they go to next. Our families’ quality of life is measurably better after participating in our programs. Our efforts increase the quantity and quality of sustainable resources and services countywide.