Many community agencies offer a variety of services to San Bernardino County residents. The resources listed and linked to in this section have been compiled by TAD as a public service. In this section you will find information on community resources by clicking the hyperlinks below.
Social Security Work Incentives... What is the Ticket to Work Program?
Social Security’s Ticket to Work program supports career development for people with disabilities who want to work. Social Security disability beneficiaries age 18 through 64 qualify. The Ticket program is free and voluntary. The Ticket Program helps people with disabilities progress toward financial independence. The Ticket program and Work Incentives allow you to keep your benefits while you explore employment, receive vocational rehabilitation and gain work experience. For additional information, please call 1.866.968.7842
2015 Holiday Resource ListThis list was compiled through our partnerships with numerous agencies serving the communities of San Bernardino County with the intent to distribute it to our communities and the agencies that serve them. It will be updated to include resources available through the end of the holiday season.
SAVE MONEY, BREATHE EASY. Receive a big discount when you retrofit your old wood burning fireplace with a new electric or gas clean-burning, energy-efficient unit. Call 1-855-396-3833 or visit www.aqmd.gov/fireplaceincentive
The County of San Bernardino, Department of Public Health’s, Coordinated Asthma Referral and Education (CARE) Program, helps families with children, ages 0-18, diagnosed with asthma living in East, Central and West Valley of the County.
The CARE Program provides the following FREE services:
1. Individualized asthma education to families and their children
2. Home environmental assessments to identify and reduce indoor and outdoor asthma triggers
3. Asthma management supplies, including an air purifier, mattress and pillow case covers
For more information or to participate in the CARE Program, please call (909) 387-4648.
FREE GED Program
- For referrals and information about the free GED Program, call the Day Reporting & Reentry Services Center in your area:
Resource Data Bank
- The Resource Databank (RDB) provides a list of resources (education, training, emergency services, etc.) and employment opportunities as a public service to the community.
2-1-1 San Bernardino County
- 2-1-1 is a toll-free phone number that provides information and referrals for health and social services. Dialing 2-1-1 is the quickest way to access non-emergency resources for your family, your neighbors and your employees.
Dial 2-1-1 or (888) 435-7565 or search the 2-1-1 database
for information on:
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
The results are in for Tax Season 2015! San Bernardino County Transitional Assistance Department Processed over $27 million in federal and state tax refunds and served 14,308 taxpayers in communities throughout San Bernardino County through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. These refunds stimulate economic activity in addition to fighting poverty and leading to increased self- sufficiency.
lFresh Tool Kit & Resource Guide
- In our outreach efforts, San Bernardino County Transitional Assistance Department is involved in ongoing community outreach events and is partnering with various federal, state, and local agencies in getting the word out about CalFresh.
This CalFresh Tool Kit & Resource 'Packet'
is provided to assist Community Based Organizations
(CBO's) in order to help share the benefits of CalFresh with those who are eligible but not participating.
The 8 downloadable .pdf documents below are provided for further inform
- CalFresh Tool Kit & Resource Guide
- Farm Bill Reauthorization/CalFresh Regulation Oversight
- CalFresh Outreach
- Community Based Organizations can C4Yourself®
- Community Based Organization Registration Instructions
- San Bernardino County Assistance Programs - At A Glance
- Fact Sheet - Public Char
- ORKs, CalFresh and Medi-Cal Intake Application - Verification List