Many community agencies offer a variety of services to San Bernardino County residents. The resources listed and linked to in this section have been compiled by TAD as a public service. In this section you will find information on community resources by clicking the hyperlinks below.
Coordinated Asthma Referral and Education (CARE) Program
The County of San Bernardino, Department of Public Health’s, Coordinated Asthma Referral and Education (CARE) Program, helps families with children, ages 0-18, diagnosed with asthma living in East, Central and West Valley of the County.
The CARE Program provides the following FREE services:
1. Individualized asthma education to families and their children
2. Home environmental assessments to identify and reduce indoor and outdoor asthma triggers
3. Asthma management supplies, including an air purifier, mattress and pillow case covers
For more information or to participate in the CARE Program, please call (909) 387-4648.
FREE GED Program
- For referrals and information about the free GED Program, call the Day Reporting & Reentry Services Center in your area:
Resource Data Bank
- The Resource Databank (RDB) provides a list of resources (education, training, emergency services, etc.) and employment opportunities as a public service to the community.
2-1-1 San Bernardino County
- 2-1-1 is a toll-free phone number that provides information and referrals for health and social services. Dialing 2-1-1 is the quickest way to access non-emergency resources for your family, your neighbors and your employees.
Dial 2-1-1 or (888) 435-7565 or search the 2-1-1 database
for information on:
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
Free tax preparation will be available to all San Bernardino County residents and their friends and family! If your household made under $52,000 in 2013, you may qualify for free, fast and IRS Certified accurate tax preparation services. Federal and California State returns are prepared and e-filed by IRS certified tax preparers. Services begin January 27, 2014.
You Earned it! Claim it! Free Tax Preparation Flyer (English
CalFresh Tool Kit & Resource Guide
- In our outreach efforts, San Bernardino County Transitional Assistance Department is involved in ongoing community outreach events and is partnering with various federal, state, and local agencies in getting the word out about CalFresh.
This CalFresh Tool Kit & Resource 'Packet'
is provided to assist Community Based Organizations
(CBO's) in order to help share the benefits of CalFresh with those who are eligible but not participating.
The 8 downloadable .pdf documents below are provided for further inform
- CalFresh Tool Kit & Resource Guide
- Farm Bill Reauthorization/CalFresh Regulation Oversight
- CalFresh Outreach
- Community Based Organizations can C4Yourself®
- Community Based Organization Registration Instructions
- San Bernardino County Assistance Programs - At A Glance
- Fact Sheet - Public Charge
- CalWORKs, CalFresh and Medi-Cal Intake Application - Verification List