How the County can help with adoption?
- Contact Children and Family Services (CFS) Placement Resources Division at: 800-722-4477 to access information about adoption and start the application process.
- You will be contacted by a social worker within a few weeks of submitting an application.
- The process takes about 16-20 weeks. Placement can occur any time after that.
- Children and Family Services will provide a social worker who has specialized training in adoption and permanency planning to assist you with the process.
- CFS has flexible hours to meet the needs of working families. Social workers can schedule meetings in the evening, if that works best for you.
- We can provide financial and medical assistance until the child is 18 years old.
- We can provide on-going training and counseling for the child and family as you get to know each other.
Please contact Children and Family Services at Llittle@hss.sbcounty.gov for any additional information regarding adoptions.