The Wraparound process provides individualized, comprehensive, community-based services and supports to children and adolescents with serious emotional and/or behavioral disturbances that are currently placed or at risk of being placed in an RCL 10-14 group home.
Wraparound is based on a model of service that develops plans focusing on the individual strengths and needs of members of the family. Plans center on the family, and are built upon the child and family’s unique strengths.
The Wraparound process helps families rediscover hope. Active crisis and safety planning minimize uncertainty and fear. Through Wraparound, families develop an effective support network, increase their sense of competence, acquire new skills for managing the special needs of their child, and have access to the supportive resources they need to build brighter futures for themselves.
Criteria for Eligibility
- The child currently resides in or is at risk of being placed in a group home RCL 10-14.
- The child has a San Bernardino County case manager through Department of Children and Family Services, Probation, or the Department of Behavioral Health (AB2726)
- The child has a parent, relative, legal guardian, or caregiver who has agreed to actively participate in the Wraparound process
- The child has active San Bernardino County Medi-Cal
- The child has an Axis 1-5 mental health diagnosis
- The child is placed within the service area of one of the five San Bernardino County Wraparound providers